Automotive Sector Opportunities
The East London IDZ is one of the key locations for automotive manufacturing investment in South Africa. The Zone has already attracted over R1-billion worth of investment in this sector.
These are current opportunities for companies operating in the automotive sector, within the East London Industrial Development Zone (ELIDZ).
Automotive Suppliers & OEMs
- Automotive Supplier Park 2
- Other land OEMs, Tier 2 & 3
Automotive Supplier Park 1
- An already operational ASP housing multinationals (100,000 m² under roof) supplying local OEMs (MBSA, BMW SA, Toyota SA, VWSA).
- Suppliers enjoy access to DTI & SEZ incentives.
Automotive Supplier Park 2
- Govt funded cluster which is currently being set up. ±65000 m² planned under roof.
- Completion by mid-2020.
- Suppliers have Access to DTI & SEZ incentives.
Tier 2 and 3 – Suppliers
- With increasing vehicle production volumes in SA, opportunities continue to increase in the localization of components and outsourcing of services (e.g stitching and sewing).
- Partnerships with BBBEE companies encouraged/beneficial.
Contact the East London Industrial Development Zone (ELIDZ)
Interested investors/businesses are asked to contact the ELIDZ below; kindly use as reference in the subject line: Automotive opportunities