ECDC is a government parastatal mandated to stimulate and sustain the economic growth of the Eastern Cape.
“A leader in facilitating inclusive sustainable economic growth”
“To promote and coordinate inclusive economic development through innovative finance and investment solutions”
In pursuit of its vision and mission the ECDC is committed to and guided by the following values:
- Customer Centrism: We place maximum value on the centrality of customer in delivering our mandate.
- Accountability: We are answerable for our actions.
- Professionalism: We are defined by our positive, presentable demeanour and our quest for continuous improvement.
- Integrity: In all our dealing with people we are known for our spirit of honour, reliability, ethical and moral standards.
- Teamwork: None of us is as productive as all of us when we complement each other to achieve a common goal.
The constitution says that the government has an obligation to transform the economy into one that does not discriminate, that protects and respects the dignity of each person and steadily improves the standards of living. ECDC‘s mandate is to plan, finance, co-ordinate, market, promote and implement development of the Province and its people in the fields of industry, commerce, agriculture, transport and finance.