- Catalytic Project: Category B (projects in preparation)
- The project is aimed at supporting the logistics, commercial, and surrounding light industrial developments in the broader South Durban Basin (SDB).
- The development will help to usher in more of the desired zoning as indicated in the Back of Port Local Area Plan (LAP), through the provision of localised and regional logistics solutions.
- Investment Value: R4.5-billion
- Rates: R70-million
- Construction jobs: 2 000
- Permanent jobs: 5 000
- Re-zoning Application approved, but appeal pending.
- Most site preparation done, some environmental rehab underway.
Key issues / challenges
- Finalizing the environmental offsets
- Opposition from community activists and Forum members
- Water use licence is outstanding
- Rezoning appeal pending
Response and way forward
- To conclude an addendum to the existing offset MOA.
- Need to engage community organizations to enable support for the project.
Contact / enquire
For the most current update on opportunities, project progress, outstanding actions and investment requirements, please contact Invest Durban.