The Eastern Cape is a burgeoning hub for Global Business Services with strong prospects in automotive, logistics and back office customer care and ex-support facilitated by highly competitive, productive talent with proven sociable and service-friendly skills.
The Eastern Cape is home to four global automotive manufacturers (Ford Motors, Isuzu, Mercedes-Benz and Volkswagen), produces 51% of South Africa’s vehicle exports, offers three international marine ports… and will soon be home to The Coega BPO Park Centralised Contact Centre for the Eastern Cape Automotive Sector.
- High-potential automotive and logistics back office and aftercare capabilities.
- Global logistics and automotive facilities with the ability to pivot to shared services and back-office support.
- Relevant expertise and know-how in after-sales service/support and road-side customer care.
- Prospective skills in insurance, warranties and motor plan services.
- Ability to expand in logistics processing and supply chain management support services.
- Large untapped pool of dedicated CX and business process talent.
- Committed, productive workforce with lower than average attrition rates.
- Growing adeptness in research and development capabilities.
- Budding potential in digital channel support competencies.
- Empathetic, friendly, English-proficient agents with neutral accents.
- Entrenched focus on social impact investment and development
- Established education institutions and skills development pipelines.
- Four prominent universities and 21 private colleges.
- Eight TVET colleges providing business, accounting and IT training.
- Well-informed, passionate college and university graduates.
- On-the-job contact centre support and CX training.
- Conducive operating expenditure and offshoring labour arbitrage.
- Competitive labour costs that are at least 60% lower than those in global source markets and 15% lower than average national salaries.
- Lower property sales, rentals and utilities compared to other major metros in South Africa.
- Burgeoning life-work prospects for remote and hybrid GBS workers.
- Sublime lifestyle and digitally enabling infrastructure.
- Two world-class city and municipal business hubs with potential to scale and grow BPO and shared services facilities.
- High-speed connectivity, fibre, storage and data centre capacities.
- Digital hubs and special technology and industrial development zones with attractive investment incentives, grants and amenities.
- Superb lifestyle with unspoiled beaches, nature/game reserves and a temperate climate for outdoor activities and sports.