The 7th edition of the Junior Indaba, for explorers, developers and investors in junior mining, is taking place as an online discussion.
SECURE YOUR PLACE HERE
Brought to you by Resources 4 Africa, the Junior Indaba is a lively and engaging forum which will tackle critical questions facing the exploration and junior mining sectors in Africa. We have assembled a high level gathering of CEOs and senior representatives of mining companies, government, investors and advisory firms and are pleased to announce some of the very latest additions to the line-up:
- We are pleased to welcome for the very first time Caroline Donally, Managing Partner at Sprott Private Resource Streaming and Royalty in the USA – a global leader in precious metal investments – who will share her thoughts on international investment and how international investors view South Africa as a destination for junior miners. She will be joined by David Twist, Partner at AMED Funds in the UK and Mametja Moshe, Founder and CEO of Moshe Capital, to debate current investor sentiment towards junior mining projects.
- Otsile Matlou, COO at ENSafrica, will lead a high-level panel discussion on what South Africa still needs to do to become a world class exploration and junior mining destination. He will be joined by Errol Smart, Managing Director & CEO at Orion Minerals, Adv. Thabo Mokoena, Director General at the DMRE, Paul Miller, Director at AmaranthCX and Mosa Mabuza, CEO, Council for Geoscience.
- Nolitha Fakude, Chairperson of the Management Board, Anglo American in South Africa, will be giving a revealing and insightful address on her journey and experiences in the mining industry.
- Andries Van Heerden, CEO of Afrimat, Mark Summers, CEO of Kropz and Lili Nupen, Director of NSDV, will offer some advice for aspiring miners and reveal how junior miners in South Africa can successfully navigate regulatory, financial and operational challenges.
- Clare Hanna, Senior Analyst at CRU Group in the UK, will reveal how commodity prices have responded to the pandemic and which commodities have fared best and why.
To view the latest programme, please click here.
This year’s showcases feature a number of gold projects from across Africa, including: Mako Gold, which is focused on the discovery of large high-grade gold deposits in highly prospective and under-explored terrains in the Ivory Coast; the Sanankoro Gold Project in southern Mali – Cora Gold’s flagship project – and shows an 107%IRR and US$41.5m NPV (8% discount rate) at a gold price of US$1,500/oz; Caledonia Mining in Zimbabwe, a company in ascendance, with an increasing dividend, gold production and asset portfolio; and Segilola gold project in Nigeria – Thor Explorations’ flagship project which comprises a proposed open pit gold mining project based on a probable reserve of 518,000 ounces of gold grading at 4.02 grams per ton.
Chaired by Bernard Swanepoel, our exceptional speaker line-up also includes:
Jacques Badenhorst, CEO, Maatla Resources
Matthews Bagopi, General Manager, Acting, Morupule CoalMine
Roger Baxter, Chief Executive, Minerals Council South Africa
Morne du Plessis, CEO, Minergy
Sandra du Toit, Head of M&A, Africa, EY
Johan Ferreira, CEO, Khoemacau Copper Mining
Tim George, CEO, Pensana Metals
R. Michael Jones, CEO, Platinum Group Metals
Boris Kamstra, Director, Pangea
Luke Knight, Director, Amed Funds
Naseem Lahri, Managing Director, Lucara Botswana
Peter Major, Director: Mining, Mergence Corporate Solutions
Anton Mauve, CEO, Consolidated Nickel Mines
Sean Meadon, COO, Platinum 1
Mpumelelo Mkhabela, Chairman, Menar
Fortune Mojapelo, CEO, Bushveld Minerals
Brandon Munro, CEO, Bannerman Resources
Eugene Nel, CEO, Vanadium Resources
Prince Nyati, CEO, Lemur Holdings
Andries Rossouw, Director/Partner, PwC
Maritz Smith, CEO, Alphamin Resources
William (Bill) Witham, CEO, Australia-Africa Minerals and Energy Group
View the confirmed speaker list here.
Our online platform offers significant branding opportunities for our sponsors. If you are interested in finding out more, please email Stuart Alderson-Smith on firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsors of the Junior Indaba include:
Mining Industry Partners: Arnot OpCo, Minerals Council South Africa,
Networking Sponsors: African Sun Mining, DRA Global, ENSafrica,
Fraser Alexander, Wood
Make sure you guarantee your place and book today!