The Eastern Cape Development Corporation (ECDC) is the host of the Eastern Cape Investor One Stop Shop.
The Investor One Stop Shop initiative is geared towards providing investors with services to fast-track projects and reduce government red tape when establishing a business. It is part of the government’s drive to become investor friendly by improving the business environment by lowering the cost of doing business as well as making the process easier.
One Stop Shops house government entities such as the South African Revenue Service (to help with customs and tax), Home Affairs, Environmental Affairs, Eskom and the Companies and Intellectual Properties Commission under one roof.
An investor can make an appointment, meet a government representative and be guided by the representative through the process of setting up a business. The One Stop Shops simplify administrative procedures for issuing business approvals, permits and licences and thereby remove bottlenecks that investors may face in establishing and running businesses.
The offering includes, but is not limited to:
- Providing an accessible entry point for investors in need of regulatory compliance.
- Enhancing regulatory and legal processes.
- Improving approval turnaround timeframes.
- Providing information on incentives (tax, land, training, free trade zones, etc).
- Providing pre-approval information (market data, costs, incentives, project approval, local partners, etc).
- Providing post-approval information (facilitation of permit approvals, information relating to import of equipment and raw materials, central bank profit repatriation, etc) to investors.
Participating national government entities
InvestSA is a division of the South African Department of Trade, Industry and Competition (the dtic)
- Business registry: Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC)
- Tax authority: South African Revenue Service (SARS)
- International Trade Administration Commission (ITAC)
- National Regulator for Compulsory Specifications (NRCS)
- Public electricity utility: Eskom
- Municipal Infrastructure Support Agent (MISA)
Visa and permit applications can be made at Visa and Permit Facilitation Centres. Applications are then assessed by the Department of Home Affairs in Pretoria. Non-South Africans with a legal residency permit in South Africa can apply for a visa or permit at these centres.
There are centres in every province. In the Eastern Cape there is an office in East London. The South African government is reviewing its critical skills list as well as taking steps to make it easier for people who qualify to apply.
The Eastern Cape invitation
The Eastern Cape InvestSA One Stop Shop and ECDC team can advise you on investment opportunities and assist investment and trade opportunities from the same offices. The Eastern Cape team is committed and qualified to assist and guide you from concept to investment phase.
We look forward to hearing from you and partnering with you to make your investment a success!
- Address: 12 Esplanade, Quigney, East London
- Tel: +27 87 131 1450
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.ecdc.co.za