Economic Sector Development Programmes
The Economic Sector Development Programme Department of eThekwini aims to drive sector development through partnerships and catalytic growth initiatives which address poverty, income inequality and unemployment.
- To initiate, resource and facilitate partnerships in prioritised industry sectors, in support of industrial capacity development and expansion;
- To establish catalytic initiatives through leveraging partnerships with private and public sector stakeholders; and
- To position the department as a leading authority on matters relating to industrial development.
The approach is to utilise tools such as clustering, incubators, value chain development, competitiveness research and benchmarking, to analyse and develop priority sectors. The key mechanism for delivery is the use of Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs), that represent the partnerships between industry, academia, government, and labour.
- Clothing and Textile
- Electrical Machinery & Electronics
- Food and Beverage
- Finance & Professional Services
- Boat Building & Ship Repair
- Creative Industries
- Green Industries
- KZN Clothing and Textile Cluster (KZN CTC)
- Durban Automotive Cluster (DAC)
- Durban Chemical Cluster (DCC)
- eThekwini Maritime Cluster (EMC)
- KZN Furniture Incubator
- Agro-processing (Edamame Development Programme)
- Business Processing Outsourcing (BPO)
- ICT & E
- KZN Fashion Council
Green Economy Clusters:
- Durban Green Corridor
- eThekwini Waste Materials Recovery Industry Development Cluster (USE-IT)
To enquire about any of the above opportunities, please contact Durban Investment Promotion.