The North West Province is the ideal place for commercial ventures – and the North West Development Corporation (NWDC) guides the way as a valuable business partner.
The North West Province is strategically located as the gateway to SADC and the African Continent.
The main Cape Town to Zimbabwe railway line runs through the provincial capital of Mahikeng, linking the North West Province to several SADC countries, including Angola, Zambia and Botswana. An extensive road network connects the major commercial centres of the province to the rest of the country via a network of 1 785 km of national roads.
The N4 Highway which cuts through the province is of economic benefit to the Province. It connects the Port of Walvis Bay, Namibia with the Maputo Port in Mozambique which is a major trade corridor for the regional economy. Its strategic positioning has been further improved with the completion of the Trans Kalahari Corridor through Botswana and Namibia – and these developments bode well for a thriving business and tourism economy.
North West offers easily-available skills and distribution channels imperative for agricultural commercial ventures and plays a significant role in the supply of energy, transport and communications to the African continent.
The following is a list of investment opportunities available to explore:
- The Bojanala Special Economic Zone (SEZ)
- Pilansberg National Park
- Leema Computer Manufacturing Project
- Goat Value Chain Beneficiation Opportunities
- Molopo Nature Reserve
- Aquaculture Programme
- Taung Agro-processing Hub
- Lindleysport Dam
- Pelchem SOC Ltd
- Molatedi Dam
- Moponosi Chrome (Pty) Ltd
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Manufacturing
- Ulusoy Africa (Pty) Ltd
- Modimong Nature Reserve
- Project Thuthukani
- Lengau Food (Pty) Ltd
- Elandskraal Projects
- Ditsogo Projects (Pty) Ltd
- South Grown (Pty) Ltd
- Amantle Trading & Projects (Pty) Ltd
- Witkop Fluorspar mine (Pty) Ltd
- Ketlaphela Pharmaceuticals SOC Ltd
- Black Granite Beneficiation
- Letlamoreng Dam Development
- Matlosana N12 Development
- Goat Massification
- Beake Engineering
- Roof-Eco Modular Roofing Systems Africa
- Green-Buds Logistics (Pty) Ltd
- SBM Projects
- Granite Beneficiation Project
- Ratans Agros
- Smart City Development
The North West Development Corporation Trade & Investment Facilitation assist with the following:
- Facilitating joint venture and equity partnerships;
- Providing information on financing options and investment incentives;
- Providing advice on feasibility studies and business plans;
- Assisting investors to obtain work and business permits;
- Providing assistance in obtaining suitable factory space;
- Assisting existing firms to expand and re-invest;
- Assisting companies to find export markets for their products;
- Advisory services to improve company growth and performance;
- Competitiveness improvement support; and
- Facilitating market access to businesses in the province.
Find out more
For more information on investment opportunities and projects, please contact NWDC Trade and Investment Office via the form below. Please reference the opportunity of interest when responding. Thank you.