The Bojanala Special Economic Zone (SEZ) in the North West Province of South Africa, is poised to transform the region into a sustainable beneficiation hub for mineral processing (PGMs), agro-processing and the manufacturing of capital equipment and renewable energy components.
Organisations operating in these sectors are invited to explore the benefits of establishing or expanding operations with the Bojanala SEZ and contact the SEZ for more information.
Why Bojanala SEZ
Access to Infrastructure
- 88 factories available, 7.2% of total land for SEZ
- Adequate water volumes available: Vaalkop Dam – 20 km from site (160 mm pipeline)
- Sewerage: 200 mm pipeline to the existing waste water treatment works
- Electricity supply: 11 MVA current. New substation at Ledig under construction.
Access to Transport Logistics Infrastructure
- Rail (1 km from site with unutilised sidings) – Transnet Freight Rail part of PSC
- Air (Pilanesberg Airport = 19 km)
- Road (along R510 connecting to N4).
Access to Markets
- Platinum Group Metals is the major product of the mining sector in the North West, as the province contributed 40% of world’s platinum and 55% of the platinum in South Africa in 2017.
- The North West Province also produces 70% of the country’s dimension stone and granite, 32% of chrome and 20.7% of South Africa’s gold. Other minerals produced in the province include diamonds, vanadium, slate, limestone, nickel, silica, manganese, phosphate, fluorspar and zinc.
- Mineral Beneficiation
- Renewable Energy
- Capital Equipment
SEZ Incentives and Benefits for Investors in Bojanala SEZ
- Corporate Tax of 15%
- Accelerated allowance on buildings and improvement to buildings
- Salaried employees (below R6 000) to receive wage allowance
- Capital allowance – plant and machinery imports
- Special customs and VAT incentives
- Retain status for 10 years
- Sunset clause until 2024.
The North West Development Corporation (NWDC) is facilitating the planning and development of the Bojanala Special Economic Zone on behalf of DEDECT and the provincial government.
Contact / Enquire
Interested parties are encouraged to contact the NWDC for more information about available opportunities in the Bojanala Special Economic Zone: