Wetstone Business Park
- Investment value: R2.1-billion
- City contribution: R5.5-million
- Developer contribution: R2.1-billion
- Investor: Cedar Point Trading
- Start and finish date: 2020–2030
- Jobs created: 1 650 temporary and 1 000 permanent
- Annual revenue: R45-million (rates)
Progress to date*:
- Phase 1 (30 ha) has gone through all land preparation processes, including necessary approvals and earthworks construction currently underway.
- Phase 2 still in planning phase with the environmental EIA process underway.
Next Steps (12 months):
- Top Structure development start in March 2021.
- Council approved bulk watermain required for phase 1. Report submission to BAC
to finalise MoA.
- Funding towards Tongaat WWTW to be finalized.
- SPLUMA application for Phase 2 to start on receipt of Environmental Authorization.
Interested businesses, kindly send a short introduction & message for attention of the project promoters and investment facilitation team, using the name of the project – Whetstone Business Park – in your subject line. Thank you!