Aquaculture opportunities in the ELIDZ
A combination of the Eastern Cape sub-tropical climate, access to good quality sea water, excellent aquaculture infrastructure and proximity to world renowned academic institutions are just some of the ingredients that make our aquaculture value offering a mouth-watering prospect for the discerning investor.
The following are current opportunities in the East London Industrial Development Zone (ELIDZ) for investors in the aquaculture sector.
Aquaculture incubator: 200 tons pilot phase
- CAPEX = R43-million (24 months)
1000 tons commercial phase
- CAPEX = R277.2-million
Farming Yellowtail Kingfish
- CAPEX = EUR14,060,000-million
- IRR = 18.4%
Farming & Processing Dusky Kob
- CAPEX = R 201-million
- IRR = 19% (10 years)
- Climate favourable to most species.
- Dedicated 32 ha marine aquaculture cluster focused on recirculating systems.
- Rental of fully serviced sites, zoned agricultural.
- Environmental Impact Assessment approval for indigenous marine fish farming already granted for at least 10,000 tons annually.
- Environmental authorization for Barramundi, Rainbow trout, Atlantic salmon in place.
- Accessible high quality bulk sea water supply at 185 litres /second and effluent handling based on at 85% water re-circulation per farmer.
- Importation of performance demonstrated Recirculating Aquaculture Systems technology being investigated.
Contact the East London Industrial Development Zone (ELIDZ)
Interested investors/businesses are asked to contact the ELIDZ below; kindly use as reference in the subject line: Aquaculture opportunities