The Integrated Rapid Public Transport Network (IRPTN) – C3 Corridor
- The project involves the construction and widening of road lanes, access bridges, IRPTN stations.
- Densification of land uses along the corridor in the form of commercial uses, residential and related social facilities.
- The consolidation of land parcels along the corridor is being undertaken as part of a land use strategy (note: Land Use Strategy has been completed).
The Land Use Strategy includes seven stations which are; Moodie Street, Pinetown Civic Centre, Beviss Road, Henwood, Regent, Wyebank and Westrich.
In these areas, land has been identified for high rise mixed-use buildings which can be used for retail, offices, residential as well as public space creation such as parks and outdoor libraries with Wi-Fi access.
There are also investment opportunities which include state owned land, business centers and hubs, and skills development.
Contact Invest Durban to find out about available investment opportunities.
- Land Use Strategy completed.
Land Use Strategy Implementation:
- Tip Top Spar upgrades underway – investment value: R100-million. Construction started.
- BMW Supertech underway – investment value: R125-million. Construction started.
- 4/10 School Road underway – plans approved on site. Investment value: R25-million – Phase 1; R52.5-million – Phase 2.
- Investment Value: R3.8-million (Planning Project) + R3.77-billion (Road Construction)
- Construction Jobs: 17 335
- Permanent Jobs: 1 659
- Other: Integrator, connector of the City
Contact / enquire
For the most current update on opportunities, project progress, outstanding actions and investment requirements, contact Invest Durban.