Dube TradePort Special Economic Zone
- Catalytic Project: Category A (Currently underway with construction)
- Area: Northern – Aerotropolis
Dube TradePort takes advantage of its prime location as the only facility in Africa combining an international airport, dedicated cargo terminal, warehousing, offices, retail, hotels and agriculture.
Dube TradePort comprises a world class passenger and airfreight hub surrounded by the following development zones: Dube Cargo Terminal, Dube Trade Zones, Dube City and Support Zones and Dube Agrizone.
Project status (2018)
- Dube Trade Zone 1: Underway
- Dube Agrizone: Underway
- Dube City: Underway
- Dube Trade Zone 2: Not started – w/o approvals
- Support Zone 2: Not started – w/o approvals
- Ushukela Highway Development: Not started – w/o approvals
- Dube Agrizone 2: Not started – w/o approvals
R13-billion private sector investment to date.
Contact Invest Durban to enquire about available opportunities in the Dube TradePort.
- Investment Value: R13-billion private sector
- Annual Rates: R180-million
- Job creation: Pre- and post completion total estimated at 150 000
- Other: Dube Trade Port provides a unique opportunity for largely greenfields development of the broader Aerotropolis area within the North of eThekwini (and beyond)
Contact / enquire
For the most current update on opportunities, project progress, outstanding actions and investment requirements, please contact Invest Durban.