The Victoria West Aerodrome is strategically situated between the N12, N1 and R63. It was the fuelling aerodrome for flights from London to Cape Town in the 1950s and has significant historical value.
Rehabilitation and development of existing Aerodrome to service businesses, tourism and projects within a 300 km radius of Victoria West. Develop the Aerodrome with a fire station to service the Aerodrome and the local municipality.
- Drone facilities and flying school
- Export through aviation
- Logistics and distribution
- Car rental
- Immediate: R10-million
- Short/medium term: R55-million
- Long term: R25-million
- Total: R100-million
- Grant funding is required for the terminal building and runways.
- Equity funding is required for the warehousing and logistics buildings, hangers and flying school facilities.
A 22-year lease agreement has been signed with the Ubuntu Municipality. All suspensive conditions have been met.
- Short term: 500 construction phase
- Long term: 150 permanent jobs
The Rural Aerodrome Company (Pty) Ltd will investigate all partnerships.
Interested parties are encouraged to contact the project team. Please reference Victoria West Aerodrome when replying.