The Coal & Energy Transition Day is set to take place on 27 July at the Johannesburg Country Club, Auckland Park, and also online. It will debate the opportunities and challenges presented by the energy transition, the current and future role of coal and what the energy mix of South Africa will likely look like.
Brought to you by Resources 4 Africa, the organisers of the Joburg Indaba, the Coal & Energy Transition Day will bring together all the key stakeholders involved in the energy transition – government, coal producers, alternative energy companies, investors, industry organisations and energy experts.
Some of the highlights you can look forward to this year include:
- An address by Carlos Fernández Alvarez, Head of Gas, Coal and Power Markets at the International Energy Agency (IEA), on how global energy needs will be met in the future
- A panel featuring the major coal producers, including Mike Teke, CEO, Seriti Resources and Kgabi Masia, MD Minerals, Exxaro Resources, who will discuss the current challenges and strategies in light of global and local developments
- Matthew Mflathelwa, General Manager Strategy and Planning at Eskom will give a highly anticipated address on Eskom’s plans for meeting energy demand and its views on coal and alternative energy sources
- A not-to-be-missed panel on the energy transition will discuss how to move away from coal and how this can be done with minimal impact to the economy, the workforce and the environment
- A fascinating panel on the future energy mix of Southern Africa, featuring Cosmas Chiteme, Director: Power, Department of Science and Innovation, Thomas Garner, Chairperson, South African Independent Power Producers Association (SAIPPA), Leon Groenewald, Exxaro Resources and David Kawesha, Portfolio Strategy & Sustainability, Sasol
Other crucial topics that will be discussed include:
- What is the impact of current geo/political developments and the macro-economic environment on global energy needs?
- How are circumstances impacting the role of coal in meeting the world’s energy needs in the short and medium term?
- Are we seeing an extension of the life of coal as a result?
- What is the role of renewable energy in the energy transition?
- Who will fund the green revolution and what funding is available for alternative energy projects?
- What are Transnet’s plans for increasing capacity and protecting its rail infrastructure?
- And much more…
The full programme will be released very soon. In the meantime, more information on the Coal & Energy Transition Day can be found here.
This event will also offer significant branding opportunities in person and online for our speakers, partners and sponsors. For more information on sponsorship packages available, please email Stuart Alderson-Smith: email@example.com
Sponsors of the Coal & Energy Transition Day include:
- Mining Industry Partners: Exxaro Resources, Minerals Council South Africa, Sasol Mining, Seriti Coal, Thungela Resources
- Sponsors: DRA Global, OIM Consulting
Please click here to register and guarantee your place.
We look forward to welcoming you in person and online in July.