Elundini Potato Project Overview
- Location: Joe Gqabi District, Eastern Cape, South Africa
- Nearest Towns/Cities: Ugie, Maclear, Mt Fletcher
- Project Stage: Project Feasibility/Business Case
- Land Use Categories: Agriculture
- Type of Project: Greenfield
- Type of Private Sector involvement required: Equity Partners / Investors
Almost a thousand hectares land has been made available for the production of potatoes (five farmers have allocated +/- 200 hectares each). JoGEDA has partnered with Potatoes SA to commence with this pilot project.
The project aims to:
- Produce good quality potatoes to sell in formal and informal markets in the Ugie area and beyond.
- Ensure commercialization of potato production by emerging farmers in Ugie, expanding area under production and adopting sustainable production practices.
This project has the potential to bring about a significant uptick in the economic fortunes of the people of Ugie and the Elundini local municipality as it aims to create jobs and bring about food security.
Studies Completed / Documents Available
- Feasibility Study
- Business Plan
Contact / Enquiries
Potential investment partners are encouraged to send their details and a brief introduction to the Joe Gqabi Economic Development Agency (JoGEDA):
Please Ref. Elundini Potato Project when replying. Thank you.