Airport Development Node
The project is located in the Mangaung Metropolitan Municipality in the Free State Province of South Africa, in proximity to the N8 highway.
Sector focus: Property development and logistics
Phase 1 of the proposed development is a mixed-used precinct development, focused on offices, commercial precincts and residential opportunities. The development also proposes to incorporate flagship developments such as an international convention centre and tertiary institutions.
- Public and private sector investors. The project is a Public-Private Partnership
- DTIC incentives available
- The project is driven by the Public Sector and seeks Private Sector investment for Phase 1 of the project
Investment value/Funding gap: R100-billion
Project schedule & status
The project can go ahead as soon as funding is secured.
- Concept plan and urban designs were completed and approved in 2012
- Land secured and rezoned
- Engineering and environmental designs completed
- Civil and electricity works for bulk infrastructure completed
- Diagrams and general plans approved
Empowerment and job creation
Approximately 11 000 direct and indirect jobs to be created through the project. Youth and women stand to benefit from the project.
Contact the team
Interested parties are encouraged to make contact with the project promoters for more information:
(Kindly include the words N8 Airport Development Node in your subject line)