- Project location: Maluti-a-Phofung Special Economic Zone (MAP SEZ)
- Region: Free State Province, South Africa
- Economic sector: Infrastructure Development
- Re-align the intersections on the N5 that leads to entrances into the MAP SEZ
- Redevelop the main road of the SEZ. This is the responsibility of the Department of Police Roads and Transport, as it is a provincial road.
- Repair the municipal road leading to the SEZ from the Tshiame Township (located adjacent to the SEZ). This road has reached its life span.
Sources of funding:
- Department of Police, Roads and Transport, SANRAL, Department of Trade and Industry and/or relevant funding partner
- R65-million funding required
- The project will seek to employ previously disadvantaged persons, including the youth.
- 180 temporary jobs will be created.
- Project planned for 2020/2021 financial year
- MAPSEZ has requested meeting with SANRAL to present Traffic Impact Assessment that will determine the extent of realignment needed on the N5 intersections
- MAPSEZ has sent a request to Department of Police, Roads and Transport for a meeting to plan and formulate budget for road of the construction
- Municipality currently does not have funds for the road construction.
- Maluti-a-Phofung Municipality
- Department of Police, Roads and Transport
To discuss, please contact the Project Manager:[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Featured Image by Jason Goh from Pixabay