The Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone Company SOC Ltd (RBIDZ) is a Special Economic Zone (SEZ) that is a purpose-built, secure industrial estate boasting award-winning industrial infrastructure, situated on the north-eastern coast of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
Linked to the international deep-water port of Richards Bay, this SEZ is tailored for the manufacturing of goods and production of services to boost beneficiation, investment, economic growth and the development of skills and employment.
The RBIDZ is a Special Economic Zone that aims to encourage international competitiveness through world-class infrastructure as well as tax and duty-free incentives to qualifying investors.
The RBIDZ strategy is geared to significantly contribute to South Africa’s economic growth; through the creation of employment opportunities, up-grading of skills, technology transfer, deepening economic empowerment of historically disadvantaged individuals, and broadening the country’s basket of export products.
The RBIDZ provides the following incentives to investors:
- Reduction in corporate income tax from 28% to 15% (to qualifying investors).
- VAT exemption for supplies procured in South Africa.
- Duty-free on imports for production-related raw materials including machinery and assets used in production.
- Location in a secured and Customs Controlled Area (CCA).
- World–class industrial infrastructure.
The RBIDZ’s objectives are to:
- Attract local and foreign direct investment;
- Attract advanced foreign production and technology methods in order to gain experience in global manufacturing and production networks;
- Develop linkages between domestic and zone- based industries;
- Provide world–class industrial infrastructure.
The RBIDZ’s key focus sectors are:
- Metals Beneficiation (Aluminium, Iron Ore, Titanium)
- ICT (Techno–parks, Innovation Hubs)
- Renewable Energy (Solar, Fuel Cells, Biomass)
- Marine Industry
The preferred Special Economic Zone for quality investments while delivering value to our stakeholders.
To utilise the competitive advantage of the Richards Bay area to attract sustainable investments that stimulate economic growth, job creation, beneficiation of resources and the empowerment of people.
- Company Name: Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone SOC Ltd (RBIDZ)
- Contact Number: 035 797 2600
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Website: www.rbidz.co.za