Navigating the Agri-food financial and investment landscape in times of disruption
30 Jun 2020 l 10:30AM to 12:30PM SAST
Join the African Agri Council and a team of global experts for our virtual event ‘Navigating the Agri-food Financial and Investment Landscape in Times of Disruption’ on 30 June 2020 at 10:30 SAST.
The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the crucial importance of resilience across businesses, economies, and societies. There are so many uncertainties in the short, medium and long term in the agri-food sector, with various warnings from the United Nations that we are facing acute food insecurity in addition to the threat of a global recession looming large.
So what does this mean for agri-food investing? What can our community learn from this massive disruption? And how can we use the lessons on resilience from this crisis to help advance the agri-food sector through sustainable financing and investment?
Our expert panelists will discuss how to best support industries and businesses impacted by the coronavirus and suggest ways to promote new investment and financing necessary for the agri-food sector. They will look at how development finance institutions, institutional investors and commercial lenders can partner with policymakers to ensure agribusinesses can access the capital they need to survive.
To access the Closed Sessions, make sure you choose the VIP Ticket option.
Themes being addressed:
- How to best support industries and businesses impacted by the coronavirus
- Promote new investment and financing necessary for the agri-food sector resilience
- The role of development finance institutions, institutional investors and commercial lenders in the current disruption
- How do we identify the potential for growth in the right sectors?
- Chris Hart, Executive Chairman, Impact Investment Africa
- Bennie van Rooy, Chief Executive Officer, Grobank
- Julia Barton-Hill, Investor Relations Director, African Agri Council (AAC)
- Cristina Miranda Gozalvez, Deputy Head of Unit, European Commission – DG Agriculture and Rural Development
- Vanessa Adams, Vice President: Strategic Partnerships, Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)
- Atsuko Toda, Director- Agriculture Finance and Rural Development, African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Devakumar Edwin, Group Executive Director, Dangote Industries Limited
- Jaap Spreeuwenberg, Managing Director, Hivos Impact Investments
- Vibhuti Jain, Regional Director for Africa, U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (DFC)
- Llewellyn Brooks, Managing Director, GWK Group
- Bettina Prato, Senior Coordinator, The Smallholder and Agri-SME Finance and Investment Network (SAFIN)
- Henri de Villeneuve, Chief Executive Officer, COBASA. MEDEF International Representative for Southern Africa
- Peadar Hegarty, Managing Director, Farmbuilders
- Paul Makube, Senior Agricultural Economist, First National Bank
- Allan Musona, Investment Director, Raindew Trade
- Yida Kemoli, Senior Partner: East Africa, Phatisa