Open to all attending WTM Africa 2019, pertinent points currently affecting travel and tourism on the African continent will be discussed by key industry role-players.
Panellists include the Host City of Cape Town Executive Mayor, Alderman Dan Plato; Gillian Saunders, Special Advisor to the Tourism Minister; Southern Africa Tourism Services Association (SATSA) CEO, David Frost; Tourism Business Council of South Africa CEO, Tshifhiwa Tshivhengwa and Ghana Tourism Development Company CEO, Kwadwo Antwi, all of whom will be available for a post-conference Q&A.
Reed Exhibitions South Africa MD, Carol Weaving, will then give attendees a taste of what to expect at #WTMA19, sharing the multitude of highlights and innovations at this year’s market.
Over the three days, exhibitors, buyers and media will take part in various sessions, meetings, seminars, talks, networking, experiences and activations all covering the full scope of the African travel and tourism experience.
The partnership between WTM Africa and the City of Cape Town, as Host City, is essential in helping facilitate vital travel and tourism debates and opportunities for Africa as a whole. “We’re privileged to work with partners, such as the City of Cape Town, who see the benefit of working hard to improve tourism numbers – because they’ve seen what tourism can do for entire regions, not just cities,” says Megan Oberholzer, Travel Tourism & Sport Portfolio General Manager at Reed Exhibitions South Africa, who organises WTM Africa.
“Their support since the inception of WTM Africa has helped us host the greater global travel trade for three days every year, and we look forward to working with them for years to come in make a success of World Travel Market Africa 2019”, she concludes.
WTM Africa highlights include:
- African Tourism Investment Summit in partnership with Africa Business Group is a dedicated Summit for Tourism investors and associated investment opportunities);
- African Responsible Tourism Awards is an Africa-wide search and seek to celebrate the most inspiring and enduring responsible tourism experiences which contribute toward preserving, respecting and benefitting both destinations and local people;
- Travel Forward in partnership with e-Tourism Africa Summit (eTAS) is a one-day event aiming to educate continental industry stakeholders about the pivotal – and even somewhat unexpected – role that digital elements can play in driving business and improving experiences;
- Sports and Events Tourism Exchange (SETE) explores the impact and benefits of major sporting and other events which have a significant ROI for the tourism economy and how tourism and sports sectors need to work together to make the most of the opportunity;
- Women in Travel Meet Up is an event combining a panel debate with group mentoring and networking to ensure attendees access inspirational speakers, hands-on advice through mentoring and give women an opportunity to meet with their peers and share challenges, opportunities and learnings.
Register to attend WTM Africa 2019
Registration for WTM Africa 2019 closes online on 9 April, but it’s still possible to join in the continent’s biggest B2B Travel Trade show by registering on-site, for a fee of ZAR 800, ex VAT.