We need fast action to make the thousands of small businesses throughout South Africa more resilient to coronavirus-related economic disruptions.
Small businesses are vital economic engines, the mainstay of our economy and the future of job creation. More than two-thirds of the working force work in a small business today. This is why we need to make sure we bridge businesses through these tough times.
Our goal is to make sure businesses stay in business and that we keep workers employed. Although this is a time to be careful, it’s not a time to panic and stop shopping locally, it’s the time to stand together.
Some of the few key areas include:
- Creating a business continuity plan
- Digital marketing strategies in a time of crisis
- How to handle and implement hygiene protocols and new staff policies
- How to move from face-to-face to online meetings
We will also campaign on behalf of all small business to encourage providers to implement:
- Low-interest disaster recovery loans
- Moratorium on vehicle and equipment leases, bond repayments etc
- Negotiating and staying in contact with suppliers
- Landlord negotiation with regards to property leases
Learn more: https://www.nsbc.africa/COVID-19
The NSBC is Africa’s leading SME organisation and the fastest growing organisation of its kind in the world, committed to helping business owners and entrepreneurs become tomorrow’s business legends.