The 7th edition of the Joburg Indaba is set to take place at the Inanda Club, Johannesburg on 2nd and 3rd October 2019 and will bring all the key stakeholders together – government, SOEs, mining houses, investors, labour unions and other industry thought leaders – both local and international, to contribute to a timely and critical discussion on the current and future role of mining in SA and beyond.
Issues and questions to be debated include: where SA mining is currently, how the world, particularly investors, sees us now and what political, economic, environmental and market developments are influencing the industry going forward.
In typical open, sometimes blunt, but always constructive fashion as has come to be associated with this event, we will tackle key questions such as:
- Are we at a point of policy acceptability to attract investment and ensure growth?
- How does “the world” sees us as an investment destination?
- What’s happening in the global economic arena and how is this impacting the mining industry?
- What is the outlook for coal mining and SA coal?
- Which new energy materials will be needed in the future? Do we know? Are we sure?
- Is the future of PGMs in our own hands?
- How do we ensure security of energy supply for the future?
- How is the market unfolding for bulk commodities? South African’s opportunities and challenges.
- Spotlight on ESG: what should mining companies be doing to promote a culture of responsibility and good governance?
These and other important subjects will be explored at this annual gathering of the industry, renowned for its straight talk, refreshing insights and intimate atmosphere.
Limited to 500 pax. Secure your place today! Click here
Chaired by Bernard Swanepoel, confirmed speakers include:
- Roger Baxter, Chief Executive, Minerals Council South Africa
- Mark Cutifani, Chief Executive, Anglo American
- Henk de Hoop, Business Development Director, Rand Merchant Bank
- Mike Fraser, President and Chief Operating Officer, Africa, South32
- Neal Froneman, Chief Executive Officer, Sibanye-Stillwater
- Chris Griffith, Chief Executive Officer, Anglo American Platinum
- Lucky Kgatle, Senior Vice President, Sasol Mining
- Thabi Leoka, Economist
- Jabu Mdaki, General Manager, Operations, Richards Bay Coal Terminal
- Mxolisi Mgojo, President, Minerals Council South Africa and Chief Executive Officer, Exxaro
- Themba Mkhwanazi, Chief Executive Officer, Kumba Iron Ore
- Gerick Mouton, Senior Vice President, Ivanplats
- Deshnee Naidoo, Chief Executive Officer, African Base Metals, CEO of Vedanta Zinc International (VZI), Konkola Copper Mines (KCM) and Copper Mines of Tasmania (CMT)
- July Ndlovu, Chief Executive Officer, Anglo American Coal South Africa
- Fiona Perrott-Humphrey, Senior Adviser, Mining Team, Rothschild & Co. London
- Steve Phiri, Chief Executive Officer, Royal Bafokeng Platinum
- Dion Shango, Southern Africa, CEO, PwC
- David Sipunzi, General Secretary, National Union of Mineworkers
- Peter Steenkamp, Chief Executive Officer, Harmony Gold
- Mike Teke, Chief Executive Officer, Seriti Resources
- Andries van Heerden, Chief Executive Officer, Afrimat
- Nompumelelo Zikalala, CEO, De Beers Consolidated Mines
For more information on the speakers, click here
Plus, don’t miss the Gala Dinner on 1 October where Mark Cutifani will give a Keynote Address and we celebrate the SA Mining Hall of Fame.
The Joburg Indaba is THE event on the mining industry calendar which you cannot afford to miss! Register today and join us for some thought provoking discussions on the way forward for the mining industry and investment landscape.
The wide industry support which the Joburg Indaba enjoys is illustrated in our impressive list of sponsors which include:
- Lead Sponsor – PwC
- Corporate Partner Sponsors – Deloitte, J.P. Morgan
- Premium Sponsors – DRA Global, ENSafrica, Fasken, IsoMetrix, OIM Group, RMB
- Mining Industry Partners – Anglo American, Impala Platinum, African Rainbow Minerals, Exxaro, Sasol Mining, Seriti Coal, Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited, Sibanye-Stillwater, Vedanta Zinc International, Ivanplats, Minerals Council South Africa