The 2020 Joburg Indaba is taking place in just 5 weeks’ time on 7th & 8th October as an online discussion. Chaired by Bernard Swanepoel, it will bring together influential CEOs, investors, government, industry experts and thought leaders who will participate in frank, open conversations about all matters relating to the mining industry.
Secure your place by registering here.
This year we are delighted to announce the participation of:
- The Honourable Minister Gwede Mantashe who will be giving an address on the morning of 8th October.
- André de Ruyter, CEO of Eskom, will be speaking at the Joburg Indaba for the very first time, engaging with the industry on the way forward to ensure security of energy supply.
We are honoured to welcome a truly international line-up of some of the most senior and influential figures in the mining industry, including:
- Mark Cutifani, who will be giving the Opening Keynote Address on the morning of 7th October
- Mark Bristow, who will give us a global perspective on Gold in 2020 and beyond
- And South African Resources Legend, Sir Mick Davis, who will share his experiences and journey in the industry over many years.
From the investment world, our international investor panel will include:
Charl P. de M. Malan of Van Eck, New York; Evy Hambro of BlackRock, London and Douglas Upton of Capital Global, London who will share their perspectives on mining investment in the current economy.
Olivia Markham, Managing Director, Natural Resources, BlackRock, London will chair a highly anticipated conversation on capital allocation, which will include Srinivasan Venkatakrishnan (Venkat) and Mike Fraser.
Heavyweight mining CEOs and industry leaders who are taking part include Mxolisi Mgojo, Neal Froneman, Mike Teke, Themba Mkhwanazi, Natascha Viljoen, Nico Muller, Christine Ramon, Lucky Kgatle, July Ndlovu, Dr Nombasa Tsengwa, Peter Steenkamp, Nolitha Fakude, Deshnee Naidoo, André Joubert, Mpumi Zikalala, Adv. Thandi Orleyn, Roger Baxter, Dr Martyn Davies, Sandile Zungu and many more.
The full speaker list is available here.
Crucial topics that will be discussed this year include:
- The world’s economy post Covid-19: Where are we now?
- What has been the impact of the pandemic on mining companies and the way forward?
- The Northern Cape: is this the new frontier in mining?
- How will PGMs benefit from a green economy in a post Covid-19 world?
- How are companies responding to an increased focus on ESG and Corporate Governance?
- The Mining Industry and the Environment: what needs to change now?
- What is the outlook for the coal mining industry and the ‘just transition’ towards cleaner energy sources?
- Digital transformation, innovation and 4IR. How do we move into the 21st Century?
And much more….
If you haven’t yet reserved your place, click here.
We would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge and thank our many sponsoring companies, whose support continues to ensure that the Joburg Indaba remains a leading and valuable forum for relevant mining industry discussions. These include:
- Lead Sponsor – PwC
- Corporate Partner Sponsor – Accenture
- Premium Sponsors – African Sun Mining, DRA Global, Fraser Alexander, IsoMetrix, OIM Consulting
- Mining Industry Partners – African Rainbow Minerals, Anglo American, Exxaro Resources, Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited, Implats, Menar, Sasol Mining, Seriti Coal, Sibanye-Stillwater, Vedanta Zinc International
For the full list of sponsors click here.
We look forward to seeing you online in October!