The Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone Company SOC Ltd (RBIDZ) is a Special Economic Zone (SEZ) that is purpose-built; a secure industrial estate that boasts award-winning industrial infrastructure on the north-eastern coast of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
Linked to the international deep-water port of Richards Bay, this SEZ is tailored for the manufacturing of goods and production of services to boost beneficiation, investment, economic growth and the development of skills and employment.
The RBIDZ is a Special Economic Zone that aims to encourage international competitiveness through world-class infrastructure as well as tax-, VAT- and duty-free incentives to qualifying investors.
The RBIDZ strategy is geared to significantly contribute to South Africa’s economic growth; through the creation of employment opportunities, up-grading of skills, technology transfer, deepening economic empowerment of historically disadvantaged individuals, and broadening the country’s basket of export products.
The RBIDZ provides the following incentives to investors:
- Reduction in corporate income tax from 28% to 15% (to qualifying investors).
- VAT exemption for supplies procured in South Africa.
- Duty-free on imports for production-related raw materials including machinery and assets used in production.
- Location in a secured and Customs Controlled Area (CCA)
- World–class industrial infrastructure.