The Limpopo Economic Development Agency (LEDA) was established in terms of the Limpopo Development Corporation Act, Act No.5 of 1994, as amended. It complies with the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) as a Schedule 3D Agency.
It was established as a special economic and development vehicle, culminating in the amalgamation of four agencies; namely:
- Trade and Investment Limpopo
- Limpopo Business Support Agency
- Limpopo Agribusiness Development Corporation
- Limpopo Economic Development Enterprise
A leader in sustainable innovative economic growth and development.
To implement integrated economic development initiatives in Limpopo, through:
- accelerated industrial diversification;
- increased levels of trade and investment; and
- by developing sustainable enterprises.
- Accelerated industrial diversification via strategic economic development interventions.
- Sustainable enterprises in targeted sectors of the economy.
- Increased trade and investment in Limpopo.
- Public accountability; sound corporate governance; and sustainable resource utilisation.