The Joe Gqabi Economic Development Agency (JoGEDA) is an agency wholly owned by the Joe Gqabi District Municipality. The agency seeks to improve the living conditions of the population by means of actions among different social and economic local actors to take advantage of indigenous resources by promoting local business capacities.
In an attempt to realise the economic potential of the region, the Joe Gqabi District Municipality Council established JoGEDA as its special purpose vehicle to catalyze the economy of the region. In delivering on its mandate, JoGEDA provides service delivery covering the three local municpalities within the Gqabi District Municipality.
Sustainable economic growth, investment promotion and improved infrastructure.
To promote catalytic investments that accelerate economic growth whilst creating a thriving business environment to improve quality of life for Joe Gqabi citizens.
- Agriculture and Agro-processing
- Light Manufacturing
- Property and Infrastructure Development
- SMME Development and Investment Promotion
- Integrity – Integrity in doing what is right and being a trusted development vehicle and partner.
- Innovation – Embrace change and aggressively seek new ways to do business.
- Service Excellence – Commitment to contributing to improving the economic and social profile of Joe Gqabi district.