The Free State Development Corporation oversees and administers a diverse and substantial portfolio. If you are a small, medium, micro enterprise or a labour-intensive company in search of suitable industrial and commercial premises, look no further.
FDC’s Property Management Unit offers rental space for your small to medium enterprise at affordable rates through its diverse and substantial property portfolio. Over the years the unit has provided business premises to the general public, business people and government departments who want to initiate projects. The unit has also been instrumental in providing warehousing, manufacturing space, offices and space in various shopping centres across the province.
Offering you quality services
Overseeing a total of 253 commercial and 290 industrial properties, FDC uses this infrastructure to:
- Facilitate commercial and industrial activity
- Assist new investors who may be looking for suitable premises
- Facilitate SMME development, particularly in rural areas.
The substantial property portfolio makes FDC one of the biggest property owners in the province with industrial, residential and commercial properties in excess of 900 000 m² situated in the Mangaung Metro and Thabo Mafutsanyana District.
Our industrial properties are located in:
Our cost structures
FDC’s property rates of leasing are competitive and compare favourably with similar industrial and commercial properties elsewhere in the country.
FDC’s industrial property rates currently range from R9.08 to R16.09 per square metre for factory space, depending on the features of the property, and from R30 to R96 per square metre for commercial premises and are adjusted from time to time in line with prevailing economic conditions.
Incentives may be granted in the form of rental holidays, reduced rental rates and discounts on utilities for investments contributing to job creation on a large scale.
Black Economic Empowerment
Concessions which may be granted to businesses with more than 50% black ownership include the following:
- A discount of 10% on normal rental rates
- An additional discount of 2% for women- owned businesses, where women have more than 50% shareholding in the business
- An additional discount of 2% for youth-owned entities where more than 50% of shareholding in the business belongs to individuals below the age of 35
- An additional discount of 2% for businesses where disabled persons hold 25% shareholding or more.
These concessions do not apply in instances of lease renewals or existing leases.
Three easy steps to occupying your new premises
- Once FDC has identified a suitable site for your business, you will have to confirm your interest in the site in writing with the corporation.
- Within a week of receiving the confirmation and all legal documentation, premises will be allocated based on the availability and the specific requirements of the prospective tenant. You will sign the agreement and pay the initial costs which include the following: deposits; admin and legal fees; two month’s rental in advance.
- You will be able to occupy the premises after FDC has prepared the building according to the agreed requirements.