With over $194 billion forecast to be spent in the African upstream sector between 2018 and 2025, it is critical the industry has a platform to transact on deals and partnerships to ensure the investment deficit across the continent’s Oil and Gas sector is met. Africa Oil Week, an event dedicated to developing new partnerships and deal brokerage is delighted to announce 14 governments will be present throughout the event held 5-9 November 2018 at the Cape Town International Convention Centre, South Africa.
As the only Summit to provide a platform for business development, Africa Oil Week is proud to be launching a dedicated programme that will see finance and partnerships being committed – re-emphasising Africa Oil Week’s reputation as the premier transaction forum for the African oil and gas industry.
The Summit will be attended by governments, national oil companies, independent oil companies, service companies, investment banks, private equity funds and EPCs.
The 2018 event has already attracted senior executives and decision-makers from across Africa including:
- Nigeria – Minister, Hon Minister, Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu
- Cameroon – National Oil Company, Mr Moudiki, CEO SNH
- Mali – Minister & National Oil Company, Hon Minister, Tiémoko Sangare & Ahmed Ag Mohamed, Director AUREP, Petroleum Commission
- Guinea Bissau – National Oil Company, Celedonio Placido Vieira, Director Petroguin
- Seychelles – National Oil Company, Patrick Joseph, CEO Petro Seychelles
- Namibia – National Oil Company, Immanuel Mulunga, CEO NAMCOR
- Libya – National Oil Company, Eng. Mustafa Sanalla, Chairman
- Gambia – National Oil Company, Mambury Njie, CEO GNPC
- Comoros – His Excellency Djaffar Ahmed Said Hassani, Vice President Republic of Comoros
- Uganda – National Oil Company, Josephine Wapakabulo-Thomas, CEO UNOC
- Madagascar – International Oil Company, John Classen, CEO Madagascar Oil
- Guinea – National Oil Company, Diakaria Koulibaly, CEO ONAP
- Senegal – National Oil Company, Charles Patrick Mangle, Director of Exploration Petrosen
- Sierra Leone – National Oil Company, Raymond S. Kargbo, Director General, Petroleum Directorate
“We have been overwhelmed by the level of demand from both governments and operators to speak and attend this year’s Africa Oil Week. Already we have confirmed an unprecedented level of governments who are looking for global partners to explore new and exciting acreage across the continent. With that the newly launched Prospect Forum, held in partnership with AAPG, will be the business and deal making platform for companies looking to broker commercial partnerships on prospects and data. Their collective attendance at the event once again underlines the importance of Africa Oil Week as the engine room for new E&P activities across the African hydrocarbon sector,” said Paul Sinclair, Conference Director, Africa Oil Week.
The event provides a platform for governments and private sector companies to engage to develop new business activities. Africa Oil Week is like no other Summit for the African Oil and Gas sector. “We are at a pivotal point in Africa where we need to translate talks to transaction, for too long we have debated the future of Africa and now is the time to move our discussions to action and confirm new deals in what is set to be a far more buoyant market in 2018” Paul Sinclair went on to add.
For more information about Africa Oil Week 2018, please visit www.africa-oilweek.com