Lesotho Call Centre
- Sector: Information Communications Technology (ICT) Services
- Geographical location: Lesotho
- Responsible Ministry or Institution: TP Technologies
A call centre is a centralised office that is used for the purpose of receiving or transmitting a large volume of information by telephone. It empowers companies to provide the best customer experience, in real time. Commercial call centres are crucial in the information era and have become a new norm in today’s fast paced information-based economies. Call centres enable organisations to assist a larger number of clients than they normally would. They are also convenient for clients as it saves them a trip to the company and clients can be assisted in the comfort of their own homes.
Call centre outsourcing is a big business opportunity for developing countries with a huge qualified work force and high unemployment rates. Many organisations prefer to outsource call centre services as this is a cost saving opportunity for them, while being beneficial for the hosting country as well. A country like India has pioneered this field and has proven this point. Hosting call centres for foreign organisations helps the host country in terms of creating employment opportunities, which in turn grows the economy.
- Current studies conducted: 21 years’ experience working in a call centre at Telecom Lesotho / Econet Telecom Lesotho and IT switch board
- Project size/cost: US$300,000
- Proposed procurement process: Technical Partner for project Development and Investment
- Planned start date and estimated duration: Mid-2017/Early 2018
- Project documentation available: Feasibility study for call centre business in Lesotho, 2012
- Government Guarantee or involvement: Policy support
- Financing status, amount & structure required: Joint Venture
To discuss the opportunity or for the most current update on project progress, outstanding actions and investment requirements, please contact the LNDC (Lesotho National Development Corporation).