Durban Iconic Tower
- Catalytic Project: Category B (projects in preparation)
The Durban Iconic Tower will be the tallest building in the southern hemisphere, located on a world championship golf course, positioned strategically between an Olympic stadium and the warm Indian Ocean, at a primary point of entry into the City of Durban.
- Investment value: R7.3-billion
- Rates: R35 – R100-million per annum
- Jobs: 5 000
- Other: Tourist attraction
- Not yet formally put to the market.
- Durban Tower Development Company (DTDC) has expressions of interest from prospective developers.
- Atterbury Properties, one of SA successful property development companies, has expressed interest.
Key issues / challenges
- Decision around bid process for land release
- Potential infrastructure upgrade requirements
- Relocation of NMR and commitments and approvals from relevant line departments
*As at March 2017
Contact / enquire
For the most current update on opportunities, project progress, outstanding actions and investment requirements, please contact Invest Durban.