The 2018 Women in Energy Conference
The development of renewable energy and energy efficiency programmes will create numerous jobs and business opportunities throughout the African continent. Women’s leadership is a global business issue and is gaining in prominence in Africa. It needs to be addressed systemically across the working environment and include the involvement of both women and men at all levels of leadership.
The 4th Women in Energy Conference, hosted as an official side event of the Africa Energy Indaba, will be taking place to aid the increase in leadership and development of women involved in the African energy sector.
This one day forum has been designed as a platform for women to network, share their knowledge, discuss achievements and encourage the advancement of women across all sectors of the energy industry. With a focus to developing women in the energy sector, the event is crucial to the empowerment and growth of African women.
Key topics to be discussed include:
- The global perspective for Women in Energy
- The opportunity for women in the African Energy Sector and creating new horizons to aspire to
- How do men perceive women in the energy sector? A perspective from men in the African energy sector
- The African Energy Sector: Business Scope & Opportunity
- Women who inspire us: Guidance from C-Suite Energy Executives
- Key future trends and the way forward for women in the African Energy Sector
- Gender Mainstreaming
The launch of Developing Women will be hosted as a new Initiative at the Women In Energy Conference to empower women.
Who should attend?
High-potential Women aiming to develop a career in the energy sector in Africa | Women energy entrepreneurs | Women and men in senior leadership positions within energy and related industry companies | Industry professionals responsible for hiring, developing and advancing an unbiased workforce | Leaders and managers across industries, functions and company sizes