- Catalytic Projects: Category B (projects in preparation)
- Finningley is a mixed-use development that looks at creating ‘live, work and play’ environments, while under-pinned by self-sustaining infrastructure.
- 20-year project to be implemented in phases.
- Investment Value: R45-billion
- Annual Rates: R1.2-billion
- Permanent Jobs: 277 000
- Other: Sustainable Communities
- Overall Development Framework Plan is being workshopped.
- First SPLUMA application is dependent on clearance from National Government.
- Compatibility with proposed infrastructure might be a challenge
- Act 70/70 authorisation
Response and way forward
- Meeting with MEC occurred 30 September 2016. Purpose to facilitate the approval of the 3 items above.
- Request by City to Developer – no impact on City Infrastructure.
Contact / enquire
For the most current update on opportunities, project progress, outstanding actions and investment requirements, please contact Invest Durban.